In the frontiers of knowledge
Ensenada stands out as the city in Mexico with the most scientists per capita; hence it is one of the main headquarters for research, development and innovation (R+D+i) in the county.
Ensenada has four main institutions focused on science, technology, and advanced education, specialized mainly in the following areas:
Marine and Agricultural biotechnology
Nanoscience and nanotechnology
Information and communication technologies
Oceanography and marine science
Optics and applied physics.
CICESE - Is the Center of Scientific Research and Post Graduate Studies of Ensenada
· This is one of the main high quality science institutions in México
· In this institution they develop basic science as well as applied science and innovative technology development, for the solution of social, economic, regional and national problems.
· They also develop high quality human resources at a postgraduate level in the biological, physical information, ocean and earth sciences.
· It has a liaison with the public, private and social sectors trough the projects of research and development, technological services, consulting and qualification programs.
UNAM NATIONAL AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSITY OF MEXICO
Is the most prestigious institution in México and Latin America that has a campus in Ensenada with an Astronomic Institute and a Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Center, with the goal of developing applied scientific research of the highest level, oriented to technical application in the field of nonmaterials needs of the region.
Nanotechnology and Nanosciences Center. (CNyN)
National University of Mexico (UNAM)
CNyN Divisions and R&D:
• Theoretical physics.
• Physicohemistry Nanomaterials.
• Advanced Materials.
• 36 researchers with doctoral studies and members of the National Researchers System.
• 12 academic technicians.
• 7 post- doctoral Fellows.
• 26 administrative Staff
BIOTECHNOLOGY RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION CENTER. (CIDIB)
Baja California State University (UABC)
• Facilitate biotechnology research development inside the campus.
• Fosters cooperation among academics, industry and government.
CIDIB IS INTEGRATED BY:
• Oceanology Research Institute
• Marine Science Division
• Science Division
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREES IN CIDIB
• Environmental Sciences
• Biotechnology in Aquaculture
• Computer Science
• Molecular Ecology and Biotechnology
• Environmental Management.
• Environmental Studies
• Arid Ecosystem Studies.
Download the Science and Technology Presentation HERE